- 1 What does sport mean in fitness?
- 2 What does sport stand for?
- 3 What is the sport principle in fitness?
- 4 What does the Fitt and sport acronym stand for?
- 5 What are the 7 principles of training?
- 6 What are the 5 principles of sport?
- 7 What is an example of Fitt?
- 8 What is sports in simple words?
- 9 What are the 6 principles of exercise?
- 10 What are the 4 main principles of training?
- 11 What are the 6 principles of training?
- 12 What are the 5 components of fitness?
- 13 What does fit stand for?
- 14 What are the FITT principles?
What does sport mean in fitness?
Terms in this set (16) What does the acronym SPORT stand for? Specificity. Progression. Overload. Reversibility.
What does sport stand for?
Specificity, Progression, Overload, Reversibility, Tedium (principles of training) SPORT.
What is the sport principle in fitness?
Training means engaging in activity to improve performance and/or fitness; this is best accomplished by understanding general sports training principles: overload, reversibility, progression, individualization, periodization, and specificity.
What does the Fitt and sport acronym stand for?
It is essential to avoid breaks in training and to maintain the motivation of the athlete. FITT – (Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type) – Frequency is increased by training a greater number of times each week.
What are the 7 principles of training?
As laid out in the “U.S. Army Fitness Training Handbook,” these seven principles also are known as PROVRBS, an acronym for progression, regularity, overload, variety, recovery, balance and specificity.
What are the 5 principles of sport?
In order to get the maximum out of your training, you need to apply the five key principles of training – specificity, individualisation, progressive overload, variation and be aware of reversibility.
What is an example of Fitt?
FITT (frequency, intensity, time, and type) is one way to remember the general guidelines for what should be included in a fitness plan. FITT method.
|Examples of Moderate Activity||Examples of Vigorous Activity|
|Dancing||Jogging or running|
|Weight lifting—light workout||Aerobics|
What is sports in simple words?
Sport is commonly defined as an athletic activity that involves a degree of competition, such as netball or basketball. Some games and many kinds of racing are called sports. A professional at a sport is called an athlete. Sports can be played indoors or outdoors and by individuals or teams.
What are the 6 principles of exercise?
These principles are the principle of overload, the principle of progression, the principle of specificity, the principle of recovery, the principle of individuality, and the principle of reversibility.
What are the 4 main principles of training?
In order to get the maximum out of your training you need to apply the four key principles of training – specificity, progression, overload and individualisation – to what you do.
What are the 6 principles of training?
Your Guide to Basic Training Principles
- Training Principle 1: Overload.
- Training Principle 2: Progression.
- Training Principle 3: Recovery.
- Training Principle 4: Specificity.
- Training Principle 5: Reversibility.
- Training Principle 6: Individual Response to Training Stimulus.
What are the 5 components of fitness?
5 Components of Physical Fitness
- Cardiovascular Endurance.
- Muscular Strength.
- Muscular endurance.
- Body Composition.
What does fit stand for?
|FIT||Frequency, Intensity, and Time|
|FIT||Free Independent Traveler (travel industry)|
|FIT||Fiber Innovation Technology (Johnson City, TN)|
|FIT||Forum on Information Technology|
What are the FITT principles?
The FITT principles are an exercise prescription to help participants understand how long and how hard they should exercise. FITT is acronym that stands for Frequency, Intensity, Time, and Type. FITT can be applied to exercise in general or specific components of exercise.