- 1 How long does it take to become a fitness trainer?
- 2 What qualifications do you need to be a fitness instructor?
- 3 Can you make good money as a personal trainer?
- 4 How hard is it to become a personal trainer?
- 5 How can I become a personal trainer without college?
- 6 Where can I study to become a personal trainer?
- 7 How much does a gym instructor earn?
- 8 Do I need qualifications to run a fitness class?
- 9 Is being a fitness instructor a good career?
- 10 Do personal trainers sleep with clients?
- 11 Can you make 100k as a personal trainer?
- 12 What gym pays personal trainers most?
- 13 Why I quit being a personal trainer?
- 14 How do personal trainers get clients?
- 15 Is it easy to become a fitness trainer?
How long does it take to become a fitness trainer?
If your goal is to become a personal athletic trainer, you have the option of earning a certification, a two-year associate’s degree or a four-year degree. You should base this choice on how much time you want to spend in school, cost and what you want to do with your education.
What qualifications do you need to be a fitness instructor?
To become a personal trainer you would normally be an experienced fitness instructor with a recognised qualification, such as:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Gym.
- Level 2 Diploma in Health, Fitness, and Exercise Instruction.
- Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness.
Can you make good money as a personal trainer?
Yes, making good money as a personal trainer is very viable. Even entry-level personal trainers can make upwards of $25 an hour, and easily up to $100 an hour if they are experienced. Private personal trainers can make even more per hour, charging up top $100 an hour.
How hard is it to become a personal trainer?
Becoming a personal trainer isn’t hard, but serious work and study are required. Look at both entry-level and advanced certification programs. Personal trainers need to spend a lot of time experimenting in the gym to gain knowledge. Personal trainers must put the necessary effort into marketing.
How can I become a personal trainer without college?
Technically, you do not need a college degree to become a successful personal trainer. All you need to start your new life as a personal trainer is personal trainer certification. Most personal trainer certification courses do require you to have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Where can I study to become a personal trainer?
WHERE CAN I STUDY?
- Exercise Teachers Academy. Diploma Fitness: NQF level 5.
- Health and Fitness Professionals Academy. Diploma: Personal Fitness Trainer /Sport Conditioning and Coaching Science.
- Institute of Fitness Professionals. Personal Fitness Training Course.
- Trifocus Fitness Academy. Personal Training Courses.
How much does a gym instructor earn?
The average salary for a fitness instructor is $37.41 per hour in Sydney NSW.
Do I need qualifications to run a fitness class?
A Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing is the minimum qualification required to work as a fitness instructor in a gym or sports centre. This means you’ll be able to create and instruct fitness classes and routines either on a freelance basis, or as an employee.
Is being a fitness instructor a good career?
Being a personal trainer isn’t your typical desk job. But it can be a rewarding way to earn a living and help a lot of people achieve their health and fitness goals. A flexible schedule. You can also run your own personal training business and set your own hours.
Do personal trainers sleep with clients?
And, of course, each instructor has their own duty of care – most major gym chains have rules in place forbidding PTs from dating or sleeping with their clients.
Can you make 100k as a personal trainer?
In the personal training industry, 25-32 hours is considered full-time (once again, depending on location and self-drive). In order to make 100k, you need to be bringing in $8,333/ month. This is the first step in organizing your year.
What gym pays personal trainers most?
Equinox is one of the highest- paying gyms for personal trainers, and especially those with lots of experience.
Why I quit being a personal trainer?
The average personal trainer quits within the first year they qualify. The most common reasons for leaving are low income, long hours and boredom in their career. There is also an often unexpected level of competition and expensive gym rent that creates high levels of stress.
How do personal trainers get clients?
9 Ways to Get More Personal Training Clients
- Create Loyal Clients.
- Ask for Referrals.
- Write Articles for Local Magazines or Fitness Websites.
- Send Weekly Emails.
- Engage with Clients Through Facebook.
- Offer a Free Trial.
- Develop a Working Relationship with Health Professionals.
- Post Testimonials on Your Website.
Is it easy to become a fitness trainer?
Short answer – It is extremely easy to become a personal trainer because there are no barriers to entry in many countries around the world. To become a personal trainer in many countries, you simply say “I am a personal trainer.”