- 1 How much do fitness instructors make in Canada?
- 2 How long does it take to become a personal trainer in Canada?
- 3 What qualifications do I need to be a fitness instructor?
- 4 How many years does it take to become a fitness trainer?
- 5 Which gym pays trainers the most?
- 6 How do fitness instructors get paid?
- 7 Is Canfitpro exam hard?
- 8 How much does it cost to become a personal trainer in Canada?
- 9 Is it worth it being a personal trainer?
- 10 Can I get funding for a personal training course?
- 11 Why I quit being a personal trainer?
- 12 How do I get a career in fitness?
- 13 How can I become a personal trainer without college?
How much do fitness instructors make in Canada?
The average group fitness instructor salary in Canada is $53,625 per year or $27.50 per hour. Entry level positions start at $48,750 per year while most experienced workers make up to $75,954 per year.
How long does it take to become a personal trainer in Canada?
Applicants must show that they have completed, at a minimum, the equivalent of two years (60 credits) of full-time study at the post-secondary level in the field of Human Kinetics, Kinesiology, Physical Education, Fitness and Health Promotion or Exercise Science from an accredited post-secondary instituion.
What qualifications do I need to be a fitness instructor?
To become a personal trainer you would normally be an experienced fitness instructor with a recognised qualification, such as: Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Gym. Level 2 Diploma in Health, Fitness, and Exercise Instruction. Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness.
How many years does it take to become a fitness trainer?
If your goal is to become a personal athletic trainer, you have the option of earning a certification, a two-year associate’s degree or a four-year degree. You should base this choice on how much time you want to spend in school, cost and what you want to do with your education.
Which gym pays trainers the most?
Equinox is one of the highest – paying gyms for personal trainers, and especially those with lots of experience.
How do fitness instructors get paid?
Group Fitness Instructor Hourly Pay
- Some facilities pay group instructors an hourly rate.
- Other instructors may earn a flat rate per class.
- Group instructors can also be paid per head (a flat rate for each client that attends their group fitness class).
Is Canfitpro exam hard?
It’s considered that every person taking the course is investing in their skills. It is a tough course-and yes, the exam is tough too.
How much does it cost to become a personal trainer in Canada?
What is the cost to certify? It varies between $489 – $622 for the personal trainer specialist. The rate includes the course materials (manual and study guide), online prep course, live course, and the theory and practical exams.
Is it worth it being a personal trainer?
Being a personal trainer isn’t your typical desk job. But it can be a rewarding way to earn a living and help a lot of people achieve their health and fitness goals. A flexible schedule. You can also run your own personal training business and set your own hours.
Can I get funding for a personal training course?
PT courses from the government are exactly what you might expect – for those looking to become a personal trainer with government funding, the government will offer to pay for some or all of the costs of your personal training course.
Why I quit being a personal trainer?
The average personal trainer quits within the first year they qualify. The most common reasons for leaving are low income, long hours and boredom in their career. There is also an often unexpected level of competition and expensive gym rent that creates high levels of stress.
How do I get a career in fitness?
- Start coaching immediately. You don’t have to do anything fancy from the start.
- Get certified. While you’re coaching, start earning your credentials.
- Become a “complete” fitness professional.
- Learn how to coach real people.
- Get some business training.
- A career of learning and development.
How can I become a personal trainer without college?
Technically, you do not need a college degree to become a successful personal trainer. All you need to start your new life as a personal trainer is personal trainer certification. Most personal trainer certification courses do require you to have a high school diploma or equivalent.