- 1 How long does it take to become a fitness trainer?
- 2 Is it hard to become a fitness trainer?
- 3 Do fitness trainers make good money?
- 4 Where can I study to become a personal trainer?
- 5 How can I become a personal trainer without college?
- 6 Why I quit being a personal trainer?
- 7 How do I start a fitness career?
- 8 Is it worth being a personal trainer?
- 9 Do personal trainers sleep with clients?
- 10 Can you make 100k as a personal trainer?
- 11 Are personal trainers rich?
- 12 How much does a personal trainer course cost?
- 13 Can you do a PT course online?
- 14 What is the best degree for a personal trainer?
How long does it take to become a fitness trainer?
If your goal is to become a personal athletic trainer, you have the option of earning a certification, a two-year associate’s degree or a four-year degree. You should base this choice on how much time you want to spend in school, cost and what you want to do with your education.
Is it hard to become a fitness trainer?
Becoming a personal trainer isn’t hard, but serious work and study are required. Look at both entry-level and advanced certification programs. Personal trainers need to spend a lot of time experimenting in the gym to gain knowledge. Personal trainers must put the necessary effort into marketing.
Do fitness trainers make good money?
Yes, making good money as a personal trainer is very viable. Even entry-level personal trainers can make upwards of $25 an hour, and easily up to $100 an hour if they are experienced. Private personal trainers can make even more per hour, charging up top $100 an hour.
Where can I study to become a personal trainer?
WHERE CAN I STUDY?
- Exercise Teachers Academy. Diploma Fitness: NQF level 5.
- Health and Fitness Professionals Academy. Diploma: Personal Fitness Trainer /Sport Conditioning and Coaching Science.
- Institute of Fitness Professionals. Personal Fitness Training Course.
- Trifocus Fitness Academy. Personal Training Courses.
How can I become a personal trainer without college?
Technically, you do not need a college degree to become a successful personal trainer. All you need to start your new life as a personal trainer is personal trainer certification. Most personal trainer certification courses do require you to have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Why I quit being a personal trainer?
The average personal trainer quits within the first year they qualify. The most common reasons for leaving are low income, long hours and boredom in their career. There is also an often unexpected level of competition and expensive gym rent that creates high levels of stress.
How do I start a fitness career?
- Start coaching immediately. You don’t have to do anything fancy from the start.
- Get certified. While you’re coaching, start earning your credentials.
- Become a “complete” fitness professional.
- Learn how to coach real people.
- Get some business training.
- A career of learning and development.
Is it worth being a personal trainer?
Being a personal trainer isn’t your typical desk job. But it can be a rewarding way to earn a living and help a lot of people achieve their health and fitness goals. A flexible schedule. You can also run your own personal training business and set your own hours.
Do personal trainers sleep with clients?
And, of course, each instructor has their own duty of care – most major gym chains have rules in place forbidding PTs from dating or sleeping with their clients.
Can you make 100k as a personal trainer?
In the personal training industry, 25-32 hours is considered full-time (once again, depending on location and self-drive). In order to make 100k, you need to be bringing in $8,333/ month. This is the first step in organizing your year.
Are personal trainers rich?
The average income for an entry-level personal trainer is $16.70 per hour, or about $34,000 per year. The average for all trainers is about $42,000, with only the top 10 percent exceeding $76,000.
How much does a personal trainer course cost?
On average, the cost to become a personal trainer in the UK is around £1,500. This covers the price of the Level 3 Certificate training course, which qualifies you to work as a PT. Some courses cost more than this, and some less (see our complete list of all PT courses with prices ).
Can you do a PT course online?
Online Personal Training Course. Fit your training around your life by studying online and complete your course in your own time! If you think you can ‘t get your PT career going alongside other things life throws your way, think again. Take your learning online and smash through the course quicker than you think.
What is the best degree for a personal trainer?
According to a 2018 Emsi occupational report, 37 percent of personal trainers already have a bachelor’s degree. (Nearly 50 percent have a bachelor’s or higher.) A quick search on Indeed.com reveals that many employers prefer to hire personal trainers with bachelor’s degrees.