- 1 How do I become a group fitness instructor?
- 2 What is the best certification for group fitness instructor?
- 3 Can you make a living as a group fitness instructor?
- 4 What qualifications do you need to teach fitness classes?
- 5 Is it hard to become a group fitness instructor?
- 6 Is being a group fitness instructor worth it?
- 7 What can I do as a group fitness instructor?
- 8 What is better ACE or AFAA certification?
- 9 What are the most popular group fitness classes?
- 10 What makes a good group fitness instructor?
- 11 Why do I love being a group fitness instructor?
- 12 How long does it take to become a fitness instructor?
- 13 Can you work in a gym without qualifications?
- 14 What skills does a fitness instructor need?
How do I become a group fitness instructor?
Group Fitness Instructor Requirements
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have completed high school (or the equivalent).
- Hold a current CPR/AED certification with a live skills check.
- Present a current government-issued photo ID with signature (driver’s license, passport, military ID).
What is the best certification for group fitness instructor?
6 Best Group Fitness Certifications [2021 Prices & Reviews]
- ISSA specialist in group fitness.
- Fitness Mentors V-GFI Certification.
- ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certification.
- AFAA Group Fitness Certification.
- ACSM Certified Group Exercise Instructor (GEI)
- NETA Group Fitness Certification.
Can you make a living as a group fitness instructor?
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual income for group fitness instructors in 2019 was just over $40,000 per year (1). There are, however, instructors who make much more than this and there are instructors who make less than this.
What qualifications do you need to teach fitness classes?
A Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing is the minimum qualification required to work as a fitness instructor in a gym or sports centre. This means you ‘ll be able to create and instruct fitness classes and routines either on a freelance basis, or as an employee.
Is it hard to become a group fitness instructor?
Though this career is glamorous, it does require hard work. Coaching at certain fitness studios can be physically demanding. Sometimes you will expend more energy during a class than members! Unlike personal trainers, fitness instructors are working out with the member.
Is being a group fitness instructor worth it?
Increased confidence – Getting up and teaching to a group of strangers for an hour can be nerve-wracking. It’s also super rewarding! Being an instructor has increased my confidence, which has spilled over into my day job as an engineer.
What can I do as a group fitness instructor?
Group Exercise Instructor Leading a variety of fitness activities, from step aerobics through to pilates, boxing and spin, Group Exercise Instructors are responsible for: Providing a safe and fun fitness environment for participants.
What is better ACE or AFAA certification?
AFAA vs ACE Quick information The AFAA personal trainer cert has a stronger focus on aerobic training whereas ACE personal trainer cert is more of an all-around general personal training certificate. Both AFAA and ACE CPT certification are well-recognized in the industry and are both NCCA accredited certifications.
What are the most popular group fitness classes?
10 Popular Group Fitness Classes – And What To Expect From Each One
- Yoga. Yoga is our most commonly requested group fitness class, and most people are already familiar with the concept of what Yoga is about.
- Full Body Fusion.
- Circuit Training.
- Water Aerobics.
What makes a good group fitness instructor?
What Makes A Great Fitness Instructor?
- Punctuality, preparation and professionalism. If you’re late for a class, this could put your clients off exercising before they’ve started.
- Education, education, education.
- Great communication skills.
- The ability to motivate.
- A sensitive and friendly approach.
Why do I love being a group fitness instructor?
One of the main reasons I am pursuing making fitness instruction, personal training, and overall wellness a full-time career is because I love helping people realize what they’re capable of when they feel better about their bodies.
How long does it take to become a fitness instructor?
If your goal is to become a personal athletic trainer, you have the option of earning a certification, a two-year associate’s degree or a four-year degree. You should base this choice on how much time you want to spend in school, cost and what you want to do with your education.
Can you work in a gym without qualifications?
So, can you work in a gym without qualifications? For all the jobs that don’t require training people the answer is yes. Those jobs might be cleaner, receptionist or security guard. Bear in mind even these jobs may have some prerequisite certifications, security checks and educational requirements.
What skills does a fitness instructor need?
Skills and qualities
- a positive attitude and an approachable personality.
- the ability to teach and motivate people of all ages and backgrounds.
- good communication skills for explaining techniques and movements clearly.
- a good level of physical fitness.
- a responsible attitude to health and safety.
- a flexible attitude to work.