- 1 How do you become a certified fitness trainer?
- 2 What personal trainer certificate is most respected?
- 3 Which fitness certification is best?
- 4 What is a certified fitness trainer?
- 5 Do personal trainers make good money?
- 6 Why I quit being a personal trainer?
- 7 Which is better NASM or ACE?
- 8 Is the NASM test hard?
- 9 Is becoming a certified personal trainer worth it?
- 10 How much does ACE certification cost?
- 11 How can I become a certified personal trainer for free?
- 12 What is the hardest personal trainer certification?
- 13 Do I need a degree to be a personal trainer?
- 14 How much is a personal trainer course?
How do you become a certified fitness trainer?
How to Become a Trainer?
- Have the necessary skills: Being in the exercise field is not for all.
- Take a qualification exam: Certification by a recognised association is a criterion for joining the fitness industry.
- Specialisation: You will extend your training experience by taking speciality courses in your chosen area.
What personal trainer certificate is most respected?
The personal trainer certifications with an option for NCCA accreditation are the most respected in the industry. The NCCA is the gold standard for third-party personal training certifications. Some of these certs include, NASM, ACE, Fitness Mentors, and ISSA.
Which fitness certification is best?
Best Personal Trainer Certification Programs for 2021
- Best Overall: National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Best for Basic Certification: American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Best Low-Cost Certification: Action Personal Trainer Certification.
- Best Online: International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
What is a certified fitness trainer?
A personal trainer is an individual who has earned a certification that demonstrates they have achieved a level of competency for creating and delivering safe and effective exercise programs for apparently healthy individuals and groups or those with medical clearance to exercise.
Do personal trainers make good money?
Yes, making good money as a personal trainer is very viable. Even entry-level personal trainers can make upwards of $25 an hour, and easily up to $100 an hour if they are experienced. Private personal trainers can make even more per hour, charging up top $100 an hour.
Why I quit being a personal trainer?
The average personal trainer quits within the first year they qualify. The most common reasons for leaving are low income, long hours and boredom in their career. There is also an often unexpected level of competition and expensive gym rent that creates high levels of stress.
Which is better NASM or ACE?
NASM is considered more of a corrective exercise certification, whereas ACE is more of a general CPT certification. NASM progresses clients using their OPT training model, while ACE uses its IFT training model. The pass rate for the ACE test is 65%, while the pass rate for the NASM test is 64%.
Is the NASM test hard?
NASM CPT exam conclusion Overall, the exam is one of the more difficult personal training tests to pass in the industry. The textbook is over 700 pages long and can be very daunting because it is dense with information.
Is becoming a certified personal trainer worth it?
Most personal trainers are only paid for the time they physically spend coaching clients, so they end up with a schedule of early mornings and late nights because that’s when clients want to train. Being a personalized fitness coach is worth it.
How much does ACE certification cost?
|Computer-Based (U.S. and Canada only)||PT||GFI|
|2nd ACE Certification||$249||$199|
|Formerly ACE Certified Professional||$199||$199|
How can I become a certified personal trainer for free?
There are a few free personal training certifications online. If you work at a gym, your gym might sponsor your training. There are tuition assistance programs available for military members. You may be able to take advantage of community college tuition assistance programs.
What is the hardest personal trainer certification?
* The “ hardest ” personal trainer certification: The NCSA-CPT is the most difficult of the three, as its content is relatively technical and assumes a solid background in the subjects of anatomy, physiology and physics.
Do I need a degree to be a personal trainer?
It is typically not a requirement that you have a college or advanced degree to become a personal trainer. Many colleges offer degrees in Exercise Science or Kinesiology. In almost all cases, a national personal training certification can be substituted.
How much is a personal trainer course?
On average, the cost to become a personal trainer in the UK is around £1,500. This covers the price of the Level 3 Certificate training course, which qualifies you to work as a PT. Some courses cost more than this, and some less (see our complete list of all PT courses with prices ).