- 1 What do you need to become a fitness instructor?
- 2 What qualifications do I need to be a fitness instructor UK?
- 3 How long does it take to become a fitness instructor?
- 4 What can you do with a Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification?
- 5 How much does a gym instructor earn?
- 6 Do I need qualifications to run a fitness class?
- 7 Can I get funding for a personal training course?
- 8 Is being a fitness instructor a good career?
- 9 Can you work in a gym without qualifications?
- 10 Who can a Level 2 Gym Instructor work with?
- 11 What’s the difference between fitness instructor and personal trainer?
What do you need to become a fitness instructor?
Steps to Becoming a Personal Trainer
- EARN A HIGH SCHOOL DEGREE.
- COMPLETE AED/CPR CERTIFICATION.
- CHOOSE A FITNESS SPECIALTY.
- PREPARE FOR CERTIFICATION.
- TAKE AND PASS CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION.
- APPLY FOR JOBS AND BUILD A PORTFOLIO.
What qualifications do I need to be a fitness instructor UK?
To qualify as a gym instructor, you’ll need a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing. When you’re looking up qualifications, you might see this course advertised as a Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing or a Level 2 Personal Trainer course, all are the same qualification.
How long does it take to become a fitness instructor?
If your goal is to become a personal athletic trainer, you have the option of earning a certification, a two-year associate’s degree or a four-year degree. You should base this choice on how much time you want to spend in school, cost and what you want to do with your education.
What can you do with a Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification?
Sometimes known as ‘entry level,’ certain Level 2 qualifications (e.g Certificate in Fitness Instructing ) provide entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2 and can lead to jobs as Gym Instructors or Aerobics teachers.
How much does a gym instructor earn?
The average salary for a fitness instructor is $37.41 per hour in Sydney NSW.
Do I need qualifications to run a fitness class?
A Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing is the minimum qualification required to work as a fitness instructor in a gym or sports centre. This means you’ll be able to create and instruct fitness classes and routines either on a freelance basis, or as an employee.
Can I get funding for a personal training course?
PT courses from the government are exactly what you might expect – for those looking to become a personal trainer with government funding, the government will offer to pay for some or all of the costs of your personal training course.
Is being a fitness instructor a good career?
Being a personal trainer isn’t your typical desk job. But it can be a rewarding way to earn a living and help a lot of people achieve their health and fitness goals. A flexible schedule. You can also run your own personal training business and set your own hours.
Can you work in a gym without qualifications?
So, can you work in a gym without qualifications? For all the jobs that don’t require training people the answer is yes. Those jobs might be cleaner, receptionist or security guard. Bear in mind even these jobs may have some prerequisite certifications, security checks and educational requirements.
Who can a Level 2 Gym Instructor work with?
What can a level 2 gym instructor do while working in a hospital? This usually entails more physiotherapy or a greater focus on nutrition and wellbeing. You could be working with patients or members with disabilities, or people undergoing rehabilitation for injuries.
What’s the difference between fitness instructor and personal trainer?
Alongside physical exercise, personal trainers also focus on the emotional well-being of their clients. This involves providing support and encouragement to assist the client to achieve their goals. Gym instructors, however, do not have this personalised and long-standing relationship with their gym members.