- 1 How do I become a fitness instructor in Canada?
- 2 How long does it take to become a personal trainer in Canada?
- 3 How much do fitness instructors make in Canada?
- 4 What qualifications do I need to be a fitness instructor?
- 5 Is Canfitpro exam hard?
- 6 Do personal trainers get paid well?
- 7 What gyms pay personal trainers the most?
- 8 How much does it cost to become a personal trainer in Canada?
- 9 Is it worth it being a personal trainer?
- 10 What are the highest paying jobs in Canada?
- 11 What is the average Canadian salary?
- 12 How do fitness instructors get paid?
- 13 How long does it take to become a fitness instructor?
- 14 How do I get a career in fitness?
- 15 Why I quit being a personal trainer?
How do I become a fitness instructor in Canada?
Certification. Candidates must complete the proper pre-requisites, pass a written theory exam, and successfully complete a practical exam. Registration and membership fees must be paid in full to the Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology (CSEP) and an annual renewal is required.
How long does it take to become a personal trainer in Canada?
Applicants must show that they have completed, at a minimum, the equivalent of two years (60 credits) of full-time study at the post-secondary level in the field of Human Kinetics, Kinesiology, Physical Education, Fitness and Health Promotion or Exercise Science from an accredited post-secondary instituion.
How much do fitness instructors make in Canada?
The average group fitness instructor salary in Canada is $53,625 per year or $27.50 per hour. Entry level positions start at $48,750 per year while most experienced workers make up to $75,954 per year.
What qualifications do I need to be a fitness instructor?
To become a personal trainer you would normally be an experienced fitness instructor with a recognised qualification, such as: Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Gym. Level 2 Diploma in Health, Fitness, and Exercise Instruction. Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness.
Is Canfitpro exam hard?
It’s considered that every person taking the course is investing in their skills. It is a tough course-and yes, the exam is tough too.
Do personal trainers get paid well?
Yes, making good money as a personal trainer is very viable. Even entry-level personal trainers can make upwards of $25 an hour, and easily up to $100 an hour if they are experienced. Private personal trainers can make even more per hour, charging up top $100 an hour.
What gyms pay personal trainers the most?
Personal Trainer Salary Research Shows the Highest Paying Gyms
- 24 Hour Fitness. Non-training hours at 24 Hour Fitness are minimum wage, but the gym does offer some attractive incentives.
- Anytime Fitness.
- Crunch Fitness.
- LA Fitness.
- Planet Fitness.
How much does it cost to become a personal trainer in Canada?
What is the cost to certify? It varies between $489 – $622 for the personal trainer specialist. The rate includes the course materials (manual and study guide), online prep course, live course, and the theory and practical exams.
Is it worth it being a personal trainer?
Being a personal trainer isn’t your typical desk job. But it can be a rewarding way to earn a living and help a lot of people achieve their health and fitness goals. A flexible schedule. You can also run your own personal training business and set your own hours.
What are the highest paying jobs in Canada?
Top 10 best jobs in Canada
- Nurse Practitioner – 104,000 CAD/year.
- Dentist – 93,600 CAD/year.
- Utilities Manager – 114,000 CAD/year.
- Power Systems Electrician – 86,000 CAD/year.
- Mining and Quarrying Supervisor – 83,200 CAD/year.
- Pipefitting Supervisor – 81,000 CAD/year.
- Engineering Manager – 106,000 CAD/year.
What is the average Canadian salary?
According to Statistics Canada, the average wage for Canadian employees is currently $952 per week – or just under $50,000 a year. Most of the jobs on our high-paying list earn at least three times that much (And the lowest paying occupations pay less than half the average ).
How do fitness instructors get paid?
Group Fitness Instructor Hourly Pay
- Some facilities pay group instructors an hourly rate.
- Other instructors may earn a flat rate per class.
- Group instructors can also be paid per head (a flat rate for each client that attends their group fitness class).
How long does it take to become a fitness instructor?
If your goal is to become a personal athletic trainer, you have the option of earning a certification, a two-year associate’s degree or a four-year degree. You should base this choice on how much time you want to spend in school, cost and what you want to do with your education.
How do I get a career in fitness?
- Start coaching immediately. You don’t have to do anything fancy from the start.
- Get certified. While you’re coaching, start earning your credentials.
- Become a “complete” fitness professional.
- Learn how to coach real people.
- Get some business training.
- A career of learning and development.
Why I quit being a personal trainer?
The average personal trainer quits within the first year they qualify. The most common reasons for leaving are low income, long hours and boredom in their career. There is also an often unexpected level of competition and expensive gym rent that creates high levels of stress.