- 1 How long does it take to become a fitness instructor?
- 2 What qualifications do you need to be a fitness instructor?
- 3 Do fitness instructors need to be certified?
- 4 Can you make a living as a group fitness instructor?
- 5 How much does a gym instructor earn?
- 6 What gyms take ISSA certification?
- 7 How hard is it to become a fitness instructor?
- 8 Can I get funding for a personal training course?
- 9 Is being a fitness instructor a good career?
- 10 Can you work in a gym without qualifications?
- 11 Do gyms accept ISSA certification?
- 12 How much does AFAA certification cost?
- 13 What makes a good group fitness instructor?
- 14 Is being a group fitness instructor worth it?
- 15 How do you become a high fit instructor?
How long does it take to become a fitness instructor?
If your goal is to become a personal athletic trainer, you have the option of earning a certification, a two-year associate’s degree or a four-year degree. You should base this choice on how much time you want to spend in school, cost and what you want to do with your education.
What qualifications do you need to be a fitness instructor?
To become a personal trainer you would normally be an experienced fitness instructor with a recognised qualification, such as:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Gym.
- Level 2 Diploma in Health, Fitness, and Exercise Instruction.
- Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness.
Do fitness instructors need to be certified?
As a personal trainer or fitness instructor, getting a certification in the field will put you in line with today’s standards. Even though there are no laws that legally require you to be certified, clients these days demand their instructors be properly trained.
Can you make a living as a group fitness instructor?
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual income for group fitness instructors in 2019 was just over $40,000 per year (1). There are, however, instructors who make much more than this and there are instructors who make less than this.
How much does a gym instructor earn?
The average salary for a fitness instructor is $37.41 per hour in Sydney NSW.
What gyms take ISSA certification?
ISSA is accepted by many major facilities including LA Fitness, Golds, 24/7 Fitness, SNAP. ISSA also offers better business development for its members.
How hard is it to become a fitness instructor?
Becoming a personal trainer isn’t hard, but serious work and study are required. Look at both entry-level and advanced certification programs. Personal trainers need to spend a lot of time experimenting in the gym to gain knowledge. Personal trainers must put the necessary effort into marketing.
Can I get funding for a personal training course?
PT courses from the government are exactly what you might expect – for those looking to become a personal trainer with government funding, the government will offer to pay for some or all of the costs of your personal training course.
Is being a fitness instructor a good career?
Being a personal trainer isn’t your typical desk job. But it can be a rewarding way to earn a living and help a lot of people achieve their health and fitness goals. A flexible schedule. You can also run your own personal training business and set your own hours.
Can you work in a gym without qualifications?
So, can you work in a gym without qualifications? For all the jobs that don’t require training people the answer is yes. Those jobs might be cleaner, receptionist or security guard. Bear in mind even these jobs may have some prerequisite certifications, security checks and educational requirements.
Do gyms accept ISSA certification?
Most gyms will accept ISSA certification for new trainers because we offer educational programs that include high-quality course offerings with experienced instructors that focus on preparing students to become well-rounded, knowledgeable, and caring trainers.
How much does AFAA certification cost?
The AFAA Personal Trainer Certification course costs $499. This includes the course material, study guide, examination, subscription to American Fitness magazine (for American applicants) and a one-year membership to the AFAA.
What makes a good group fitness instructor?
What Makes A Great Fitness Instructor?
- Punctuality, preparation and professionalism. If you’re late for a class, this could put your clients off exercising before they’ve started.
- Education, education, education.
- Great communication skills.
- The ability to motivate.
- A sensitive and friendly approach.
Is being a group fitness instructor worth it?
Increased confidence – Getting up and teaching to a group of strangers for an hour can be nerve-wracking. It’s also super rewarding! Being an instructor has increased my confidence, which has spilled over into my day job as an engineer.
How do you become a high fit instructor?
Sign up to attend a one-day training session in a city near you. To become a certified HIGH Fitness instructor you will attend a full one-day training that costs $250usd! During the training, you will learn everything you need to know about teaching a HIGH Fitness class.